Alex & Sydney - The Twins

Adopted twin girls from China.

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker <

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sunday evening dinner in Guilin - Jan's postscript

Our guide in Guilin told us a great joke - unfortunately it was on the way to our group dinner, and that scared me...

People say the Chinese eat everything in the sky but airplanes.
And people say the Chinese eat everything on land with four legs but tables and chairs!

It sounds even funnier when it is read with a Chinese accent, so try your best. And you know the phrase "your goose is cooked"? Well, yours is, and I saw it in the window of our restaurant. Still looking like a whole goose (head and all), but de-feathered and roasted. I think Parrish skimmed over how hot it was in that restaurant. One of the mothers across the table from me said she could feel the sweat running down the backs of her knees. And this is in the middle of dinner!

A few diners with small children left our table to entertain them some and check out the front of the restaurant. You know the seafood is fresh in China since you see it swimming in the many tanks when you walk in. However, they also saw a live snake get its head cut off and the innards drained. Of course they had to tell us all about it when they got back to the table, and since I really didn't know what I was eating to begin with, my meal was essentially over!

2 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Parrish and Jan! It's your cousin, Elise in North Carolina. I have been reading your blog and keeping up with everything almost daily! I'm just so happy for you guys! Those babies are so beautiful. We have friends at church that adopted a baby girl from China a few years ago. It's just so amazing. Anyway, I wanted to congratulate you both.
God Bless,
Elise
email speedmom4@netzero.net

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your babies are so beautiful. Congratulations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home