Alex & Sydney - The Twins

Adopted twin girls from China.

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker <

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thursday afternoon at the pool

On Thursday afternoon we headed to the hotel pool to try and tire the girls out so they would sleep better at night. They had a blast and looked so cute in their swimsuits!

It's weird, but everyone says that when the adoption officials do the "matching process" that they try to pick babies for families that have similar characteristics. I've always thought that was kind of goofy, but does anyone else see a father-daughter hairline resemblance?





I think I have forgotten to mention this in my previous posts, but the five of us are quite the sideshow. If only I could charge to view us, I think I could pay for this trip with the proceeds. At Walmart it was really bad. We went to check out, and just like in the states, the lines are LONG. I took the girls and went to wait at the end of the checkouts. We attracted quite a crowd, all trying to speak Chinese to me. Luckily, our guide taught us that "schwan baa thai" (phonetically) means "twin girls". So all these Chinese people come up to us and say that. Then, when we nod yes, they take that as we speak Chinese and start babbling away. Even once they realize we have no idea what they are saying, they still stand there staring at us. Then others gather around to see what is happening and soon we have an even larger crowd. If only I could sell tickets....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home